You’ll need to set-up a User ID/Password to access online giving. Our system is completely secure for your protection. Click Here to Give Online.
Why should I give to the church?
“The earth is the LORD’s, and everything in it, the world, and all who live in it…” —Psalm 24:1
- Why Do We Give ?
- We give for many reasons. First, we give back to God because he has blessed us. It is our way of showing how thankful we are for all that he has done for us. Secondly, we give because we want to be obedient to God. The Bible calls all Christ-followers to give a tithe or tenth of all that we receive back to God through the church. (In O.T. see Leviticus 27:30; Malachi 3:8-10; In N.T. see Matthew 23:23; 2 Corinthians 8:7) Thirdly, we give because we want to make a difference in this world. God has called Crossroads Church to help people get on the path to Him. The only way we can do that is by the people who partner with us to reach people with the message of Jesus Christ! We give because we want to be part of what God is doing in the world today.
- What is a Tithe ?
- The word “tithe” means “tenth” or 10 percent. The Bible says in Leviticus 27:30, “A tithe of everything from the land, whether grain from the soil or fruit from the trees, belongs to the LORD; it is holy to the LORD.” Returning the tithe is a biblical command for all Christ-followers to give 10 percent of everything earned back to God through the local church. We do this because God has blessed us and we want to express our thankfulness to Him. As we are faithful to God with the tithe, he promises to bless us in more ways that we can imagine.
In Malachi 3:8-10, God speaks to us: “Will a man rob God? Yet you rob me. But you ask, ‘How do we rob you?’ In tithes and offerings. You are under a curse—the whole nation of you—because you are robbing me. Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,” says the LORD Almighty, “and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it.”
- What is an Offering ?
- As Christ-followers, we know that God has asked us to give to him a “tithe” or tenth of what he has blessed us with. That is what we do out of obedience to Him. An offering is anything we feel led to give over and above our tithe. We might feel led to give an offering to support a mission work overseas or to give to a building campaign because we want to see God do more through us. An offering is something we should give cheerfully. (See 2 Corinthians 9:7)
- Why is Giving so Important ?
- Jesus talked more about giving than the subjects of heaven, hell, or prayer. In Matthew 6:21 and 24 Jesus says, “For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also…No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and Money.” We believe that giving is a spiritual matter and as we give we show God that we love Him more than our money. We also know that we can never out give God. As we give to others, the Bible tells us that it is given back to us by that same measure. In Luke 6:38 He says, “Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.”
- What Does Crossroads Church Do With My Gift ?
- One hundred percent of everything given goes directly to the ministry of Crossroads Church. We use tithes and offerings to advance the Gospel of Jesus Christ through the church. All financial gifts are used toward the expenses of ministry (paying staff, facility expenses, and all other ministry related expenses).
- Do I Get a Tax Break For Giving ?
- We are a 501(C)3 organization and all donations for ministry purpose are charitable contributions. At the year end you will be mailed a statement from Crossroads Church indicating your contributions for the year for tax purposes.
- What are your online policies?
- Your information is held securely by the Fellowship One system. This information will remain private and will never be given away to third parties, other than to process your scheduled contributions.
You can schedule new contributions at any time and can modify or cancel those contributions at any time prior to the date they are scheduled. Once the contribution has been processed, however, it cannot be canceled. If you have any problems or questions related to this, please contact us at email@example.com.